Orcas History Lives Here!
Arbutus Store, James T. Geoghegan, 1914
Guy Allen and Ellen Avilla worked in the Arbutus Store waiting on and serving customers. They are standing ready to serve behind the counter. Three of the tables are visible with wire back chairs ready for customers to sit down to have a soda, sandwich, ice cream treat or some other fountain delight. On the wire-legged tables are soda or sundae glasses holding napkins
Orcas Island Historical Museums
Adkins General Store in West Sound, Unknown c. 1900
The interior of the Adkins General Store showing a coffee grinder at front left, stairway in back center, crockery on upper level, stacked cans displayed above shelved cans, and bottles and jars on lower shelves.
Templin's Store, Unknown
Hugh Wooster Templin opened Templin's Fair in 1897. This structure was erected in 1918 after the original burned down. Its merchandise included groceries, hardware, clothing and drugs among many other items.